Glock 23 Gen 5 MOS
|1||Length (Overall)**||185 mm | 7.28 inch|
|2||Slide Length||174 mm | 6.85 inch|
|3||Width (Overall)||34 mm | 1.34 inch|
|4||Slide Width||27.5 mm | 1.08 inch|
|5||Height incl.Mag.||129 mm | 5.08 inch|
|6||Line of Sight (Polymer)||156 mm | 6.14 inch|
|Line of Sight (Steel)||155 mm | 6.10 inch|
|Line of Sight (GNS)||154 mm | 6.06 inch|
|7||Trigger Distance**||70 mm | 2.76 inch|
THE GLOCK 23 GEN 5 MOS 40 S&W, GLOCK’S NEXT COMPACT GENERATION
The GLOCK 23 Gen 5 MOS Compact 40 S&W is the next generation. The Glock 23 puts controllable power into an ideally-sized package. In other words, small enough for discreet and comfortable all-day concealed carry. It’s a great balance of size and reliability. The Glock 23 Gen 5 Compact 40 S&W is the top choice for professionals who work undercover. With the release of the full-size model G23 Gen5 the newest generation GLOCK standard is now available in 40 S&W.
The Glock 23 Gen 5 MOS 40 S&W Pistol is fantastic for all left and right-handed shooters. As for size and comfort, the all new G23 provides a new frame design. The Glock 23 Gen 5 MOS has no finger grooves for more versatility. However, the grip can still effortlessly be customized by using the various back straps. The design of the new G23 MOS allows for a more comfortable and confident shooting experience for all types of users. GLOCK was the first manufacturer to make the advantages of this balanced caliber accessible to law enforcement agencies.
The slide has the hard surface nDLC finish. It comes with front serrations (FS) that provides an extra tactile surface choice. Therefore, it gives the operator positive traction even with wet or sweaty hands. For more speed during reloads in dire situations the frame has a flared magazine. The texture of the grip is more aggressive and lets the shooter operate the pistol easily.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDES
- Modular optic system (MOS) – The modular optic system (MOS) configuration offers the possibilty to simplify the mounting of popular optical sights.
- Front serrations (FS) – To provide a different look and an additional tactile surface.
- nDLC finish on barrel and slide – Provides tougher, more durable protection. Increases protection against corrosion and scratching. Similarly, improves the ability of the pistol to function in adverse conditions.
- Ambidextrous slide stop lever – In other words, makes it easier for gun owners to quickly safely and comfortably manipulate the slide.
- GLOCK Marksman barrel (GMB) – Enhanced barrel rifling based on the proven polygonal barrel design which delivers improved accuracy.
- Flared mag-well for speed loading – The larger opening of the flared mag-well. Therefore, makes it easier to funnel the magazine into the mag-well in high-stress situations.
- Versatility by removal of the finger grooves – Comfortable grip to a wider range of consumers.
- Safe Action® System – Three safeties disengage sequentially.
- Enlarged floor plate – Therefore, makes it easier to pull the magazine free of the pistol.
- Safety advantage through orange follower – This allows the shooter to see clearly if there are any rounds left in the mag.
- Magazine capacity – Depending on caliber and size.
- Customizable frame size
- Gen4 RTF – Rough textured frame
- Reversible magazine catch – It is more user friendly to the shooter’s reach and allows them to switch the catch to the left or right side of the pistol.
- Mounting rail
- Polymer frame
- Loaded chamber indicator – Visible and palpable indicator as part of the extractor to show whether there is a cartridge in the chamber.
Engineered to the same standards, the Glock 23 can withstand the same tortures as any of the other GLOCK pistols. The slide width of the 40 S&W Gen5 models is slightly bigger compared to the previous generation. Please consider when choosing your holster.